Chocolate cranberry cookies


 It's potluck time over at IHCC this week... I had something else in mind, but since I had baking to do today, cookies fit right in with the rest of the sweets I was making... Molasses brownies, chocolate crinkles and Tessa's chocolate cranberry cookies. Someone else made these at IHCC, and I've had my eye on the recipe ever since. Chocolate and cranberries are one of my favorite combinations. I had an entire bag of mini chocolate chips starring me in the face anyway, just begging to be put into some cookies.

Chocolate cranberry cookies 
adapted from Apples for Jam, by Tessa Kiros

5 1/2 tbs butter, softened
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup superfine sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
salt
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup dried cranberries.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Beat the butter and sugars until fluffy and then mix in the egg and vanilla. Sift in the flour and baking powder and add a small pinch of salt. Stir in the chocolate and cranberries.

Lightly moisten your hands and roll teaspoonfuls of dough into balls and place them on your greased cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden. Let cool completely. These keep nicely for a few days.

These cookies went over well at home, but most of them ended up going into baked good packages for family. This is a cookie recipe I think I'll make often, quick to put together and they stay soft even the day after baking.

IHCC Tessa Kiros Button

Comments

The JR said…
I'm in the mood for some home baked cookies!
I made these a week or so ago, too. Yours look great! I don't know if you'll see my reply or not, so I'll leave it here...just add your link to this week's linky! It fits the theme anyway, and multiple links in a week is no problem =)
NKP said…
Lovely! I am a big fan of chewy dried cranberries. They look delish!
Deb in Hawaii said…
I love the combination of the chocolate and cranberries in these--perfect for either the potluck or holiday goodies themes. ;-)
Chocolate & cranberries - such a great combination. I remember making a note to try these when Heather made them a couple of weeks ago. Now I really do need to try them.
Sue :-)
Made these to some weeks ago, and i really loved them. I really fell in love with the dried cranberries.
Diane Zwang said…
I just made these and we loved them. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Popular Posts